Wednesday, April 29, 2009

During the recent Bloggers Quilt Festival I was browsing some wonderful, new to me blogs, and read about Lecien fabrics and their embroidery floss, COSMO. I hadn't heard of either before and went on Lecien's web site at http://www.lecien.co.jp/en/hobby/30s/index.html to investigate. Their fabrics just blew me away, particuarly their Mrs. March's Collection of the 30s fabrics. It would be perfect for a new design I am working on. I tried to email them but it wouldn't go through for some reason, so if anyone knows of a shop that carries this line of fabrics and threads would you please let me know. As far as I know they aren't in Canada yet.

I've almost finished the borders for the Vintage Tiles quilt, so I hope to be able to show it to you within the next week.
I also got a pleasant surprise on the weekend, I won a $50.00 Gift Certificate from the Fat Quarter Shop http://www.fatquartershop.com/. It was a draw for the Bloggers Quilt Festival and my number got picked! They have so much lovely fabric it's hard to choose.
If you didn't get a chance to sign up for Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival this time, she will be organizing another one in the Fall, so watch for it. http://parkcitygirl.blogspot.com/

Bye for now. Chat with you later.

4 comments:

crmanina said...

Hi Dorothy! Those 30's fabrics are luscious!! In the right hand column of the page link you posted there is a button for 'US customer contact'. I think it gives the names of businesses in the US that carry their products. Best of luck! :)...Rae in San Diego

Carrie P. said...

Awesome, you won a giveaway. I know you can't wait to see what you can buy. The shopping part is always fun.
I have been seeing some blogs talk about the Cosmo thread. I haven't actually seen any around here. I looked at the list of sellers and there are none near me.
The fabrics you were looking at are very cute.

Myra said...

Hi Dorothy,
I just took a peak at the Lecien's website. If you click on "our agents" on the right hand menu there is a listing for a Distributor for Canada...
Hope you find it! 8-)

Lucky win there! Don't spend it all in one place! lol! as if! 8-)

Myra said...

Oooooo.... lucky win for you! Good stuff! 8-)

Post a Comment